The past weeks, I came across some fascinating articles and videos, so I thought I'd share those with you. Grab a cup of your favorite hot beverage and enjoy!
- What if programming language were Harry Potter characters?
- Software engineering has its own political axis, ranging from conservative to liberal.
- Listen to Scott Wlaschin give a talk on railway-oriented programming.
- Intimidated by monads? Here's an excellent explanation of monads in pictures.
- The C# language team discussed possible non-nullable reference types in C# 7.
- A fascinating visualization about how small planet earth really is.
- Jeff Handley, former dev lead for NuGet, blogs about passions and leaving Microsoft.
- If you're developing a product, you should consider choosing boring technology.
- Version 5.0.0 of the increasingly popular Babel transpiler has been released.
- Check out Textures.js for data visualizations using SVG patterns.
- StackOverflow surveyed more than 25,000 developers and published the results.
- Are you well versed in security and know how to safely store a password?
- John Resig annotates the original jQuery source code. Very interesting!
This post is part of the Tasty Links series.